The Modern City in South East Asia

I was not very excited for the first time I visited West Malaysia. But I really loved to explore myself this modern and developed capital city in South East Asia, Kuala Lumpur . Home of the Malay and land where tolerance and respect to others is highly promoted. The Malaysian society is composed of Malay, Chinese, India and others. Islam is the religion of the land, followed by Christianity and other religions. 

My first trip to Malaysia was in February 2016. I was attended the "Spiritual Seeker's Retreat" conducted at the Angullia Beach Resort in Marang, Terengganu. A five hour land travel from the capital city. Students and professional from Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Denmark and Belgium were among the participants in the retreat. Organized by an active Singaporean Islamic propagator, Sheikh Imran Angullia, Al-Hafiz. 

Terengganu is one of the beautiful cities in Malaysia. Kuala Terengganu is its capital, a place where you can lavishly eat "Lekor", a street food made of Tamban fish. I noticed there are two places in Terengganu that perhaps have connection with the people of the Sulu Archipelago - Marang and Dungun. 


My short stay in Marang Terengganu was honestly full of spiritual experience. Thanks to the organizer of the retreat for the invitation.

University Technology MARA





0 comments: