Day #1 - Ramadhan Activities 2018

Dear readers:

Peace and blessing be upon you all.


It was almost two years I did not post any updates on this blog - sorry for the avid readers. This time, hopefully I can keep you up to date about my latest activities on the ground.

Since I moved to Zamboanga City, my schedule has had focused in finding means for the daily survival. Alhamdulillah, my recent advocacy with Erth Ul Mustafa Philippines have make my life quite busy in implementing projects in the villages in Zamboanga, Basilan and Tawi-Tawi.

Today, I am starting my first day of Ramadhan in Balicacas Village, Zamboanga City. A fishermen village where most of its dwellers are Muslims and belong to ethnic Tausug. I know, I should have spend the first day of Ramadhan at home, as it is the the practice or living tradition of the Tausug old-folks. In my case, I should break that tradition; because the fund for the project is ready plus the people in the village is in need of water. I feel like to continue work for the whole month of Ramadhan.

When we are in a village other than ours, we can enjoy a lot of things particularly making new friends and observing the way of living of the villagers. For me, to be active at work during Ramadhan is not a problem. What is important, we will keep our hearts always connected to Allah SWT through constant remembrance and observing do's and don'ts in fasting.

Be also constant to do good to our fellow regardless of their faith, because that is one of the best practices that a Muslim must do during his or her temporary stay on this planet.

Stay up to date.

0 comments: