Day #3 - The Glittering Hope



The third day of Ramadhan brought me back to the same village. One thing good with this month, we are used to wake up early to eat Sahur. Some Muslims get to sleep back after dawn prayer and others utilize the time to attend to their businesses. Today, was a long day for me. After sunrise, I rent a motorcycle to go back to Balicacas. This time I have to follow my schedule.

I arrived in the village when most of the adult are still sleeping. After checking the water installation, I gathered the children for pictorial in the tap area. Normally, this is part of our work before the formal turnover of the project starts. The children brought small gallon to fetch water on the tap. When I accomplished took all their photos, I formally turnover the water well to the Chieftain. 

The glittering hope I had seen in the children's faces had transferred a message to my brain that I should continue doing this project. With simple smile and laughter we can be able to start making friends. 

After the short event, I went to my Alma Mater, Western Mindanao State University. I had visited the College of Public Administration with the plan to continue my Master Degree. The young professor instructed me to get the Leave of Absence form in the Dean of Admission, since I paused for two years. If I have enough time this year, I will be going back to University on the opening of classes. 

After then, I proceeded to a review center. With the plan to learn more of the technique and enhancing skills in answering the CS examination. I am a beginner when it comes to CS examination. I never had a plan actually to take this examination. However, I come to think that I have nothing to loose if I could not pass the exam. While we are still alive it is good to explore some things happening in our milieu. The CS exam is actually an 'elite exam' if I may borrow the word used by our professor this afternoon. And I'm always asking myself if what is the reason why the government design this exam. Aside from meritocracy, I only see one thing it encourages us to review what we had learnt in  the past. 

I ended up in the Mall, and bought some food for Sahur.

0 comments: