Cupping: The Effective Medicine

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
Haven’t you tried cupping? Not yet? You better try cures your health problem through this old style but effective medicine.

Yesterday night I and my mother had just done cupping at home through the kindness of a friend. It is very relaxing afterwards as if a heavy load had just been lift up from my body, according to my mother.


Last April, I had a serious headache which almost 10 days it didn’t cease. I had consulted the Manghihilut, the Tausug therapist and did massage the painful parts of my body and head but the pain wasn’t removed. When I had a headache at least 2 tablets of paracetamol and 1 tablet of pain reliever I need to remove the pain. Sometimes, I realize this is not good to my health anymore; because medicine doesn’t cure disease but just relieve it. After more than a week I went to Sandakan town and visited a friend who has a cupping clinic. Thanks to Allah, after cupping my headache cured.


What is cupping?

Cupping in Arabic language called as Hijaamah or in Malay called as Bekam. The word hijaamah (cupping) comes for the word hajm which means sucking, as in the phrase hajama al-sabiy thadya ummihi (the infant suckled his mother’s breast). Al-Hajjaam means the cupper, hijaamah is the profession of cupping, and the word mihjam is used to describe the vessel in which the blood is collected and the lancet used by the cupper. [Source]

Cupping doesn’t only cure headache but there are many diseases which can be removed.

Benefits of cupping: 

Cupping has real benefits in treating many diseases, past and present. The diseases which have been treated by cupping and for which it has been of benefit by Allaah’s Leave include the following: Circulatory diseases, Treating blood pressure and infection of the heart muscle, Diseases of the chest and trache, Headache and pains in the eyes, Pain in the neck and stomach, and rheumatic pain in the muscles, Some diseases of the heart and chest, and pain in the joints. [ibid]

Insya’Allah, in the future I’d like to learn the technique of cupping in a nearest herbal clinic here. I’m very much impressed with this method. Allah is really all-wise and all-knowing, it was Him who inspired Prophet Muhammad to do this.

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “If there is anything good in the medicines with which you treat yourselves, it is in the incision of the cupper, or a drink of honey or cauterization with fire, but I do not like to be cauterized.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6583; Muslim, 2205). 



Try it!

0 comments: